The process behind buying a domain name for a blog or website that you are about to launch soon is not at all a rocket science.
There are some procedures for every process and so, your blog domain name registration process also demands you a few simple approaches.
If you want to start a new blog in 2021 but are having worries on how do I buy a domain name, just throw out your worries, we are here to help you out.
This blog post should be an eye opener for the beginners who are in a hurry in the search of learning how to buy a domain name for a blog.
As I can assume that you have landed to read the blog post with queries in your mind like how do I buy a domain name or similar queries related to domain registering process, If so I believe you may be a beginner. So, it’s always better to learn from the basics.
Let’s start off with all the relevant subtopics related to the major blog post. Ensure to read till the end as I have provided an answer for one of the frequently asked questions, whether it is possible or not to buy a blog domain for FREE?
Let’s get started.
What is a Domain Name?
Be it a blog, website or online business, the first thing you need to buy is a domain name. Your blog needs an identity and so, you need a domain name.
Domain Name is simply termed as an web address that should type in browsers in order to visit the website directly. Every house we live in has its unique address, the same scenario applies here as every website has its unique address in the label called Domain Name.
For Instance, in our case UpdateLand.Com is a domain name.
History Behind the Invention of Domain Names
During the early 80’s, if you wanted to access the internet infrastructure, you needed a numerical address similar to an IP address.
In 1983, the domain names concept was raised through the domain name system to overcome the difficulties faced in the numerical web address concepts. That’s the history behind the invention of the domain names.
Read the Facts Before Buying a Domain Name for a Blog
- When you buy a blog domain, you must pay your bill annually. If you have enough money, you can buy it for 2 years, 3 years or 4 years or even more period accordingly.
- The longer tenure you choose for the domain name you register, the more discounts you can get.
- But, your minimum tenure should be at least 12 months (1 Year)
- If you choose a 12 months tenure, you will be required to renew it once in every year.
- When it comes to renewal, you have to pay the renewal charges higher than the initial first year cost.
- If you do not want your registered domain name to be renewed after it expires, you may leave it and within a few months, your domain name will be available for other users to register.
- Cost of the initial domain registration usually starts from $6 upto $15. Renewal charges may vary time to time according to the providers you choose.
- Once you are buying a domain name for a blog, you are then ready to host it with the hosting providers and launch your blog.
- The price may vary according to the top level domain (TLD) names you choose. For instance, both .Com or .Org do not come under the same price tag. You can easily check the price differences with the help of the service provider.
A Key Point to Remember: Once you are ready with the name selection of your domain name, make sure to buy a blog domain as soon as possible. According to sources, already approximately 370 million domain names are registered in all the TLD names. If you delay your registration process, someone may register the same name you decided on your mind.
Where to Buy a Domain for a Blog?
There are 100+ providers out there worldwide to offer you domain registration services. But, still in 2021, there are beginners who are not aware about buying a domain name for a blog and have a question, where to buy a domain for a blog. If you are one, here is the exclusive segment just for you to clarify.
As you may have heard the name already, ‘GoDaddy’ is one of the leading companies that offers domain registration services at the most affordable price. Moreover, the entire process when it comes to buying a domain name for a blog is made easier with ‘GoDaddy’.
Apart from Godaddy, there are even some industry’s best-in-class web hosting service providers that offer domain buying services at affordable prices. In this case, we do recommend BlueHost, NameCheap, Hostgator and Hostinger are the best service providers of domain registration.
When you buy a hosting account with any of the above mentioned companies, there are possibilities that you may get a FREE domain. Yes, you can buy a blog domain at Zero cost.
Remember, after buying a domain name for a blog, the second thing you should do is to buy a hosting account from a well established hosting provider in order to host your blog or website and to make your blog live.
Step by Step Easy Process on How to Buy a Domain Name for a Blog
As we mentioned, GoDaddy is the leading service provider and we have tried our hands on buying many domains for most of our blogs through GoDaddy. So, we decided to proceed the section further with GoDaddy.
Across the world, till date ‘GoDaddy’ approximately manages 80+ million domain names. And, it is believed that a total of 20 million users worldwide consider GoDaddy to buy a blog domain.
Probably, the user control panel in GoDaddy is damn easy to handle even if you have zero knowledge. The simple panel helps you easily connect your domain to the hosting provider and start working on your blog.
GoDaddy offers its users a .COM domain name Starting from Just $0.01 for the First Year when you register for 2 Years.
How to Register your Domain Name with GoDaddy
Step 1: Visit this Link to Sign Up for your GoDaddy Free account. You are required to fill up the basic details. Do it and verify your email address to get your GoDaddy account instantly activated.
Step 2: Once you are logged into your GoDaddy account, at the top of the page, you will see a search bar where you can type your preferred domain name along with the extension you want like .COM, .NET etc… and click ‘Search Domain’ to find the availability.
Step 3: If the domain name you entered is available, you are super lucky and ready to proceed further. If the domain name is already taken, you will be suggested a few other similar domain names by GoDaddy itself. If you are ok with the suggestions, go for it or try some other names in the search box again.
Step 4: Moving forward with the availability of domain name you search, add the domain name you choose to your GoDaddy account cart by clicking ‘Add to Cart’.
Step 5: You are halfway done and remaining is the payment process. From your cart page, you have to proceed with the payment using your preferred payment methods and once the payment is done, your domain gets registered.
Step 6: In order to activate the domain you bought, you have to update the nameservers of your hosting account via the GoDaddy user control panel. That’s a simple process. If you do not find it easy, you may do the same with the help of GoDaddy Live Chat Support within a matter of seconds.
As a bonus, here I also explain to you easy procedures on how to buy a domain name for a blog with NameCheap and Hostinger.
How Do I Buy a Domain Name with Hostinger
Undoubtedly, Hostinger is one of the best web hosting service providers especially for beginners to grab hosting plans at affordable cost across 100+ countries.
They do offer domain registration services as well at affordable costs. Probably, there are chances you can get a free .COM domain for one year with Hostinger on all your hosting plans except single shared hosting.
To only register a domain with Hostinger, just follow the below steps.
- Create your Free Hostinger account by using this Link to grab .COM domain worth $13.26 at only just $9.28
- Verify your email address to activate your Hostinger account and moving forward, sign in to your account.
- At the top of the page, you will see the ‘Domain’ option. Just click on that will take you to a page where you can search for the domain availability.
- If the domain name you want to register with Hostinger is available, then you can click ‘Buy Now’ to add it to the cart and proceed further with payment options in order to make the domain name yours.
How to Buy a Domain Name for a Blog with NameCheap
NameCheap is another remarkable and exclusive service provider of domain buying services at affordable costs. They frequently announce special offers on domain buying services to their users via Email. So, ensure to sign up with NameCheap now itself using this dedicated link.
Currently with NameCheap, you can grab the .COM domain for Just 5.98 USD for the first year. This is a huge offer than the other two providers mentioned.
Buy a Blog Domain Today with NameCheap
- Sign up for your NameCheap account here
- Once you are logged in, on the home page, you will see a larger search column to check the availability for your domain name.
- Type the Domain name you want to buy and click ‘Search’
- Upon the availability, add the domain name to your cart and as the final time, proceed with your payment using any of your preferred payment methods to let your domain name get registered.
- You can either host the domain name with NameCheap or even with the other providers according to your choice.
Remember, the payment process is almost the same with the three service providers. You will be provided with easy payment gateways according to the country you are living in. For international payments, you can use PayPal.
Tips to Buy a Blog Domain Name that You Never Regret Later
You are not just buying a domain name for your blog, you are choosing the name for your business brand. So, it is better to choose the perfect domain name so that you never regret it later even after the years.
So, along with the post, I compiled a list of a few rock solid tips that you can follow when you are in discussion during your domain name selection process.
- Always choose the .COM domain name. Many experts believe domain names with the .COM extension are easy to remember and probably offer a trustworthy feel to your blog visitors.
- If you are registering a domain for your business, ensure to use your exact business name or for some other purposes like blogging, e-commerce, make sure you use the name that is related to your blog’s major focussed topic.
- Choose your domain name easy and simpler to pronounce as much as possible. An easy domain can be remembered for a long time.
- Ensure to make your domain name as short as possible. Whenever you are in need to tell your domain name to a person directly, a short domain name can easily be stored in the remembrance.
- It is not at all recommended to use hyphens though in your domain names. It may cause confusion to your visitors while typing the domain name.
- Using numbers in the domain name that affects search engine rankings is just a myth. But, better you may avoid using the numbers in your domain name for better pronunciation.
- Go with the help of domain name generators to get the ideas of terms related to your industry. It’s always better to use names that are much related to your niche or industry.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Do I Buy a Domain Name for Free?
As I promised to answer the question in one of the above sections, here goes the answer. Yes, it is possible to buy a domain name for free for the one year tenure. Providers like Hostinger offer you a free .COM domain worth 9.99 USD when you go for one of their hosting plans except Single Shared Hosting. This way, you can get your hands on a free .Com domain.
- Which One is Better among the Three GoDaddy, Hostinger or NameCheap?
Each service provider has its own features and prices for the domain registration. I would say all three are top-in-class providers as you can buy a blog domain from anyone. If your search is about just buying a domain name, go either with Godaddy or Namecheap. If you want a Hosting account too, undoubtedly Hostinger is your way to go provider to get your domain for free worth 9.99 USD.
- How Much Does a .Com Domain Name Cost?
As said, .Com domain starts from 0.01 USD with GoDaddy when you opt for a 2 years tenure. You will be required to pay around 18.99 USD for the second year and upon renewal, the charges may vary. In general, you have to pay usually around 9.99 USD and maximum goes upto 20 USD.
- What is the Highest Tenure Period to Buy a Domain?
If you want to keep your domain with you for a longer term, as a highest tenure, you can grab the domain for upto 10 years maximum and then after the tenure, you can renew.
- What is the Process Behind the Renewal of Domain Name?
It’s quite a simple process. Through your domain service provider user control panel, you may find a renewal option by which you click the option and pay the renewal charges to renew your domain name. During the renewal process, you will have an option to choose your renewal tenure period.
Do you have any more questions related to the topic? Which do you think I missed in the FAQ? Feel free to drop your questions over the comment section, I am glad to answer.
I strongly believe the blog post helped you understand the simple process behind buying a blog domain name.
Once you are done with the domain name registration process, you should then pick a good hosting provider to launch your blog or even you can go for the same provider where you also registered your domain name. Above mentioned three providers such as GoDaddy, Hostinger and NameCheap are undoubtedly good to go providers.
Do you enjoy reading the blog post on how to buy a domain name for a blog? If so, all I request from you is to share the post as much as possible on your social media profiles to let many beginners make much use of it.